CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Green Smoothie - Recipe #1

smoothie Pictures, Images and Photos

Green smoothies are so delicious. This recipe was inspired by Ravynn. I thought I was buying ingredients she listed, but I forgot the written list and so I bought what I thought was on it. This smoothie is delicious.


1 cup spinach
1/2 banana
1 lime
1/2 cup pineapple
coconut water & jelly-like insides of 1 coconut
1/2 cup water
ice

Blend and enjoy!

image by thagokae on photobucket

6 comments:

vegeater said...

you're lucky you live in CA where it's still warm enough to drink smoothies. It's 25 and snowy here in Iowa and smoothies don't sound so good.

Kristen's Raw said...

Hi Vee,
Your smoothie sounds divine. I love green smoothies :)

Cheers!
Kristen

Vee said...

Hi vegeater,
I guess I am pretty lucky to be able to enjoy smoothies year round.

_______

Kristen,
Thanks for stopping by. That smoothie is delicious.

Amenta said...

the smoothie sounds very good, I will be making one of these tomorrow.

Brandi said...

Okay, I have never had a green smoothy, so I will be trying this, but I need one clarification...and NO LAUGHING. Do you put the JUICE of one lime...or like the whole lime?

Vee said...

@Brandi,

You decide which, but if you use the whole lime it changes the taste (you'll taste more of the lime). If you use the lime I would start with 1/4 or 1/2 of the lime.

Green smoothies are delicious. You can always add more fruit if the taste of the greens is too strong.

If you make a green smoothie, please tell me if you like it.