CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Power of Green!

green vegetables Pictures, Images and Photos

Here's the story: I began having cold symptoms on Dec 2nd, by Dec 3rd I had post-nasal congested, ear ache, and a dry cough, by Dec 5th all symptoms were gone except the dry cough and small amount of mucus. It may seem that I'm giving too much info, but I'm amazed that my cold didn't last by 2 days 3 if you count the onset. Loving Husband was congested for two weeks.

What I did differently than he was that I continued drinking green smoothies, had vegetable broth with cayenne pepper, and drank warm lemon water. I stopped eating solid food. I also took liquid form of goldenseal. I also made sure to get plenty of rest and limit my exposure to stressful events.

Loving Husband decided to continue eating solid food including diary, took a traditional over-the-counter cold & flu medicine. He was insistent that I take this medicine and eat to "keep up your strength." I think he was wrong this time. I feel great! I'm starting a green smoothie fast on Dec 11th.

The reason I haven't posted in a while is that I've been busy with this Wii & Wii Fit that I purchased.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I heard about Cayenne Pepper being the powerhouse of healers! I saw your comment on Baby Boomer's Blog and just wanted to tell you (although not trying to pressure you to read my blog...kinda) on my blog about 1/2 way down on the left hand side I have a list of Vegan Shopping websites that has several companies that are vegan owned w/ vegan goodies (including shoes, clothes, bags and more!).

PS...love your blog!

Vee said...

Brandi,
I knew somewhere in LA I would find some place to buy vegan goods. Thanks for your info.

Amenta said...

Vee, that is never too much info. People that don't know need to know. I agree with you. I was having allergy symptoms, yet I was only eating living, raw food my symptoms have all but disappeared with the exception of a little mucus in about 3 days.